Satellite meetings in connection with IWGS 2017
1) Plant Phenotyping
Friday, April 21 – Saturday, April 22, 2017
- Friday April 21, 2017: ESFRI project EMPHASIS – pan European infrastructure on phenotyping
- Saturday April 22, 2017: Wheat Initiative EWG Wheat Phenotyping to Support Wheat Improvement
at University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna.
2) Wheat Quality
Thursday, April 20 – Saturday, April 22, 2017
EWG Improving Wheat Quality for Processing and Health satellite meeting at University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna.
» For any further information please contact the EWG leaders.
3) Adaptation of Wheat to Abiotic Stress
Saturday, April 22, 2017, afternoon
EWG Adaptation of Wheat to Abiotic Stress satellite meeting at University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna.
» For any further information contact the EWG leaders.
4) Wheat Breeding Methods and Strategies
5) Control of Wheat Pathogens and Pests
6) Durum Wheat Genomics and Breeding
Sunday, April 23, 17:00-19:00
EWG Durum Wheat Genomics and Breeding two hour satellite meeting at BOKU Campus Tulln.
1. Short update on the perspective of our work on the durum wheat reference collection
2. The durum wheat genome (a presentation on the durum wheat genome will be given at the IWGS). We have opened the pre-publication access to the durum wheat genome at http://www.interomics.eu/durum-wheat-genome.
3. Workshop on wheat bioinformatics and EWG meeting in late 2017
4. Organization of the contributions for a book on durum wheat genome
5. Any other item.
» For any further information contact the EWG leader.
7) Updates and discussions on recent stem rust epidemics in Europe and Eastern Africa
Monday, April 24, 2017, 19:15 – 20:30.
A group of rust experts will discuss the recent European and African stem rust epidemics, pathogen races causing these epidemics, and the availability of resistant germplasm in European and North American wheat. We will have short talks of researchers from Europe, CIMMYT, and the United States followed by discussions among the participants on the situation in their countries. Place of this satellite meeting will be in at the symposium venue in Tulln.
19:15, David Hodson, Yue Jin, and Mogens Hovmøller: Overview of stem rust epidemics in eastern Africa and races causing the epidemics.
19:30, Kerstin Flath, Thomas Miedaner, and Yue Jin: Stem rust races from the 2013 outbreaks in Germany and resistance present in German cultivars.
19:45, Mehran Patpour, Mogens Hovmøller, David Hodson, and Biagio Randazzo: Recent stem rust outbreak in Sicily.
20:00, Alexey Morgunov, Mogens Hovmøller, and Yue Jin: Stem rust outbreaks in western Siberia and northern Kazakstan, and stem rust races in Central Asia.
20:15, Maricelis Acevedo: Wheat rust surveillance coordinated and supported by DRRW and DGGW.
» For any further information contact: Kerstin Flath
8) Wheat Initiative Scientific Board meeting
Wednesday, April 26, 2017, afternoon
Participation to this meeting is restricted to member delegates.